Note! This course is included in US Job Search subscription package. Get the details here.
Informational interviews are your power tools.
They are more important than your resume.
They are more useful than cover letters.
They are the most common way international students get hired in the US.
Take this course and learn everything you need to master informational interviews. Students who take this course get:
- A 55 minute webinar explaining step by step how to conduct an informational interview and connect informational interviews to opportunities
- A breakdown of how to write emails that get responses from new contacts
- Detailed conversational maps to download
- Video instructions showing how to use LinkedIn to find alumni, professionals, and jobs
- Exercises to help you write smart and build a LinkedIn profile that stands out
- Templates to help you message people for informational interviews
- Bonus content on how to build a personal website and portfolio so stand out from your competition
Take this course and you will be able to:
- Prepare for informational interviews
- Conduct informational interviews
- Follow up with new connections after informational interviews
- Write a creative LinkedIn title and summary that stands out
- Find international student alumni who are working in the US
- Follow recruiters to find hidden opportunities
- Find alumni for informational interviews
- Discover new companies for your target list
- Write engaging emails that get responses
This course is recommended for:
- Students who are motivated to try new things
- Students who want to build a professional network
- Students who want to stand out in their job search
- Students who want to meet new professionals
- Students who want to improve their written communication skills
Take this course to learn how to build a network of professionals and discover new opportunities.
Get access to useful tips at every stage of your job or internship search!
This course lets you learn at your own pace. Unlike a workshop you don't have to take notes or memorize everything. You have access to this information throughout your job search.
As a student in this course you also get:
- Discounts on live webinars
- Notification for any new modules added to the course
If you're a job seeker in the US, you must learn how to use informational interviews to get hired. Don't miss out.
StartWebinar: Mastering Informational Interviews (56:29)
StartDOWNLOAD: Visual Maps for a step by step guide on the interview flow and relationship management
StartWriting emails that get responses (3:52)
StartTEMPLATES: How to ask for an informational interview
StartPrepare for the informational interview
StartTop questions for informational interviews
StartOvercoming nerves during informational interviews
StartImprove your conversational skills with these two newsletters
StartCHALLENGE: Start with small conversations (2:13)
StartUse this tool to see if you're qualified for a job
PreviewOverview: LinkedIn for international students (4:44)
StartGetting Started: The Big Networking Workbook
StartLikedIn Profile: The Basics (1:21)
PreviewFind your LinkedIn profile style
StartCHALLENGE: Write a creative LinkedIn title
StartPick a professional photo
StartTEMPLATES: 5 ways to write a LinkedIn summary
StartCHALLENGE: Write an engaging summary
StartAdd your experience (even if you have none)
StartAdditional information for your profile
StartCreate your email signature
Nicolle Merrill is the founder of GlobalMe School, the online career platform that trains international students and professionals for adventurous international careers. In 2018, she launched www.internationalstudentcareers.com, a leading global career website for international students. Nicolle is the author of How to Get a Job in the USA: A Practical Guide for International Students.
Prior to GlobalMe School, Nicolle was an Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. Over two years, she helped hundreds of international students and global executives through global career transitions. Nicolle has worked with students who have landed roles at Google, Facebook, Amazon, the World Economic Forum, the UN, Alibaba, and numerous startups. Nicolle has spoken to global audiences at American and European higher education conferences on preparing international students for global careers.