WEBINAR: The Internship Checklist: Everything International Students Need to Know
Prepare for your search and outsmart your competiion
This course is a recording of the Internship Checklist Webinar from December 5, 2017.
Included in this webinar is:
- 1 hour webinar with student Q&A
- The Internship Checklist: An 8-page guide to the internship including actionable tasks to complete
- Slides from the webinar
This webinar features questions and answers about internships from international students across the US. Some of the questions discussed:
- Should you put projects on your resume?
- How do you get experience before an internship?
- How do you get recruiters to notice you?
- How do you talk to recruiters on LinkedIn?
- How do you reflect on your weaknesses?
- How important is it to do in-depth research on a company before applying vs. before an interview?
- Should you practice applying to small companies before applying to your dream companies?
- Do companies recruit students for internships who are making a career switch?
Here's a preview of a few slides and the content discussed.
Watch this webinar and download the checklist if you are:
- An international student studying in the US (undergraduate or graduate)
- A future international student who is attending school next year and want to get ahead of the competition
- Want to understand the internship process in the US so you get better results
Nicolle Merrill is the founder of GlobalMe School, the online career platform that trains international students and professionals for adventurous international careers. In 2018, she launched www.internationalstudentcareers.com, a leading global career website for international students. Nicolle is the author of How to Get a Job in the USA: A Practical Guide for International Students.
Prior to GlobalMe School, Nicolle was an Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. Over two years, she helped hundreds of international students and global executives through global career transitions. Nicolle has worked with students who have landed roles at Google, Facebook, Amazon, the World Economic Forum, the UN, Alibaba, and numerous startups. Nicolle has spoken to global audiences at American and European higher education conferences on preparing international students for global careers.