Note! This course is included in the H-1B Job Search subscription package. Get the details here.
Real talk: LinkedIn isn't the coolest network. Snapchat is more fun. Insta is more exciting. Twitter is more engaging.
LinkedIn isn't where the party is at.
Instead, it's where the hiring managers and recruiters are at.
Which means you need to be on LinkedIn. And you need to be using it regularly to land your dream job.
LinkedIn is your power tool.
It's more important than your resume.
It's more useful than business cards.
It's the starting point for all your networking interactions.
Take this course and learn everything you need to master this power tool. Students who take this course get:
- Detailed video instructions showing how to use the platform
- Exercises to help you write smart and build a profile that stands out
- Templates to help you message anyone on LinkedIn
- Bonus content on how to build a personal website and portfolio
Take this course and you will be able to:
- Find alumni for informational interviews
- Discover new companies for your target list
- Write engaging emails that get responses
- Prepare for informational interviews
- Write a creative LinkedIn title and summary that stands out
- Find international student alumni who are working in the US
- Follow recruiters to find hidden opportunities
- Set up smart saved job searches that match your background
- Save time in your job or internship search
This course is recommended for:
- Students who already have a resume
- Students who are motivated to try new things
- Students who want to build a professional network
- Students who want to stand out in their job search
- Students who are not afraid of making mistakes
- Students who want to improve their written communication skills
- Students who want to learn social media strategy and professional engagement techniques
- Students who want to show off their academic interests and projects
This course is not recommended for:
- Students who are not ready to start writing online
- Students who can't commit to producing digital content
- Students who do not want to step outside their comfort zone
Take this course to learn how to look good in every Google search and impress employers
The best part of this course is that you can access it at every stage of your job or internship search!
I know you're busy. This course lets you learn at your own pace. Unlike a workshop you don't have to take notes or memorize everything. You have access to this information throughout your job search.
As a student in this course you also get:
- Discounts on live webinars
- Notification for any new modules added to the course
LinkedIn is more than a profile. If you're a job seeker in the US, you need to know how to use this tool for all your networking activities. Don't miss out.
PreviewOverview: LinkedIn for international students (4:44)
StartGetting Started: The Big Networking Workbook
StartLikedIn Profile: The Basics (1:21)
PreviewFind your LinkedIn profile style
StartChallenge: Write a creative LinkedIn title
StartPick a professional photo
StartTEMPLATES: 5 ways to write a LinkedIn summary
StartChallenge: Write an engaging summary
StartAdd your experience (even if you have none)
StartAdditional information for your profile
StartCreate your email signature
StartJoin the private GlobalMe LinkedIn group
PreviewBeyond the profile: LinkedIn's many uses (4:05)
StartPersonalize your LinkedIn jobs dashboard (3:03)
StartSet up smart keyword searches
StartBONUS: Identify the technical skills you need for your job
StartChallenge: Build your keyword search combinations
StartAutomate your job search with saved keyword searches
StartExpand your professional network
StartFind connections inside your target companies (4:13)
StartFind alumni for informational interviews (4:04)
PreviewFind international student alumni who are working in the US (4:14)
StartTEMPLATES: Connect with anybody on LinkedIn
StartPrepare for your interview (5:00)
StartGet noticed by your LinkedIn network (4:56)
Start15 Minutes a Day LinkedIn Challenge
StartFollow recruiters on LinkedIn
Nicolle Merrill is the founder of GlobalMe School, the online career platform that trains international students and professionals for adventurous international careers. In 2018, she launched www.internationalstudentcareers.com, a leading global career website for international students. Nicolle is the author of How to Get a Job in the USA: A Practical Guide for International Students.
Prior to GlobalMe School, Nicolle was an Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. Over two years, she helped hundreds of international students and global executives through global career transitions. Nicolle has worked with students who have landed roles at Google, Facebook, Amazon, the World Economic Forum, the UN, Alibaba, and numerous startups. Nicolle has spoken to global audiences at American and European higher education conferences on preparing international students for global careers.