Note! This course is included in the H-1B Job Search subscription package. Get the details here.
This course brings Ivy League career training to you.
In my previous work at Yale School of Management, I worked with hundreds of international MBA students who found jobs in top organizations like Google, Amazon, World Economic Forum, McKinsey, BCG, as well as startups and nonprofits. Now, I'm delivering Ivy League job search tips to you in one big course.
Take this course and you will learn how to:
- Find companies that sponsor international students
- Build a resume and cover letter that employers want to read
- Create a story that shows off your experience
- Stand out to employers and make an impression
- Build a target list of companies that interest you
- Identify common work authorization challenges for international students in the US
Get cutting edge career advice taught to international students in Ivy League business schools.
This course includes:
- 16 videos that explain the most important concepts you need to know about the search (that's like having a personal advising sessin
- Two live webinars recorded with international student participants - you'll hear answers to the top questions in the international student job search
- A workbook to help you make progress in your internship search
- A workbook to help you prepare for your interview
- A target list template to keep you organized
- An up to date overview of H-1B sponsorship
- Seven ways to find companies that sponsor
- Links to tools that helps you write and review your resume
- Sample cover letters
- Videos to help you use tools like LinkedIn
- A tutorial on how to build a professional story to help you stand out
- Tutorial on how to build your keyword strategy to save time in your search
Searching for a job in a foreign country is hard. You don't have to do it alone. Take this course so you have all the information you need to succeed in your search.
After taking this course, you will:
- Know what makes American employers hire international students
- Understand on-campus recruiting and networked job searches
- Understand US employer expectations
- Know exactly what you have to do to stand out to American employers
- Be more organized in your search
- Know where to find companies that interest you
- Save time with keyword-driven job searches
- Know how to find companies that sponsor
Take this course if you are
- An international student who wants to get an internship or job in the US
- A future international student who wants to get ahead of the competition
- An international student on a one year degree program who needs to learn about the US job search quickly
Get on-demand US job search advice to help you learn quickly.
I know you're a busy studentI designed this course to get you the right information you need to get ahead in your job search. Instead of spending months figuring it out on your own, I'm giving you the information you need to succeed.
There are no required assignments.
The challenges are optional but recommended to help you build skills.
I want you to be prepared.
I want you to be competitive.
I want you to succeed in your internship or job search.
Are you excited to learn what it takes?
If you really want to land a job in the U.S., then this course is the perfect first step.
Don't miss out on the basics.
Nicolle Merrill is the founder of GlobalMe School, the online career platform that trains international students and professionals for adventurous international careers. In 2018, she launched www.internationalstudentcareers.com, a leading global career website for international students. Nicolle is the author of How to Get a Job in the USA: A Practical Guide for International Students.
Prior to GlobalMe School, Nicolle was an Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. Over two years, she helped hundreds of international students and global executives through global career transitions. Nicolle has worked with students who have landed roles at Google, Facebook, Amazon, the World Economic Forum, the UN, Alibaba, and numerous startups. Nicolle has spoken to global audiences at American and European higher education conferences on preparing international students for global careers.
PreviewStart early and embrace the adventure (2:12)
StartVocabulary for the US job and internship search
PreviewHiring in the US: Myths vs. Facts
StartThe skills American employers expect from you (3:43)
Start750 hiring managers want you to show these qualities in the hiring process
StartHow to be a competitive candidate (3:12)
StartAdapting to new professional cultures (4:53)
StartExpecting and overcoming rejection (5:07)
StartChallenge: Your first month on campus
StartShare your results