How to Launch a Future-Proof International Career
Learn how to build an adventurous global career
International experiences can disrupt even the most carefully planned college experiences. Exposure to new ideas, new ways of life, and intriguing people opens up new possibilities for global career ambition and multilingual work environments. If international experiences motivate and captivate you, this short course is for you. If you've ever dreamed of interning or working in a global organization, you'll want to take this quick course. If you're curious about how to find a job in a foreign country, you'll love all the options you have.
Thanks to remote work, new career paths, and digital technology, you're options for living abroad as a professional are plentiful. All you need is structure and motivation to get you on the right path.
Learn about all the possible paths to an adventurous career abroad. We'll cover:
- Redefining what global careers mean in the future of work
- Finding your path to work abroad and build a global career
- Navigating work visa challenges
- In-demand skills across borders and how to get those skills
- Identifying the next step in your global career, no matter where you are at in your career (student, young professional, etc)
- Useful tools to help you find opportunities, plan your next move
We do things a bit different at GlobalMe School. Our webinars are spaces for engagement, conversation, and exchange. So here's what you get with our courses:
- We're not recycling old career advice. We know the world of work has changed and we're giving you upgraded career advice
- We show our faces, so we avoid that creepy awkward faceless voice from above on videos
- Our PowerPoint slides are lovely to look at
All participants gain access to a private Facebook group to be part of a global community of professionals and students who want to cross borders.
StartImagine the possibilities
StartPODCAST: How to actually live and work abroad
StartClarifying your professional interests: What do you want? When do you want it?
StartHow to find international job opportunities
StartUnderstanding and identifying skill gaps
StartTaking inventory: evaluating your skill set
StartChallenge: What skills qualify you for the jobs you want?
Nicolle Merrill is the founder of GlobalMe School, the online career platform that trains international students and professionals for adventurous international careers. In 2018, she launched www.internationalstudentcareers.com, a leading global career website for international students. Nicolle is the author of How to Get a Job in the USA: A Practical Guide for International Students.
Prior to GlobalMe School, Nicolle was an Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. Over two years, she helped hundreds of international students and global executives through global career transitions. Nicolle has worked with students who have landed roles at Google, Facebook, Amazon, the World Economic Forum, the UN, Alibaba, and numerous startups. Nicolle has spoken to global audiences at American and European higher education conferences on preparing international students for global careers.